Monday, May 18, 2009

Stuart Clugston


I have not yet had the opportunity to explore larger format analogue cameras but I hold the masters of these cameras in very high regard. There is such an artist in Vancouver, in my neighborhood as a matter of fact. Stuart Clugston just finished a show at Omega Gallery, 4290 Dunbar Street. I caught his work the day before it was scheduled to come down. I am only sorry that I did not get there early enough to spread the word before it was too late. 
There is a link to Ansel Adams. I was told by Omega's owner, Tien Ching, that Mr. Clugston studied with an assistant of Adams and the connection is apparent in the quality of the prints that were on display. Mr. Clugston has, in the past, been selected by the Royal Photographic Society for exhibition in the U.K.

No comments: