Monday, March 22, 2010

Robyn Cumming & Greg Girard




I am recuperating from a bug and it gave me a few moments to go through old files. Here are three B&W's I pulled out.
I've been watching a program on the Knowledge Network called, Aperture: Snapshot - The Art Of Photography. I am including links to two of the recently featured Canadian photographers. I love the way an artist's creative personality develops and blossoms in their medium. I also enjoy the fact that I can appreciate different styles (different from mine; different from each other) without needing to justify my tastes. I am of that age. Here is Robyn Cumming and Greg Girard. Girard's work really appeals to me, both aesthetically and as social documentary, but I am also given a shot of energy from Cumming's photos. She uses people from her life as models and uses her apartment as a studio. Her personality is on display in her photos.

No comments: